Organised Tours have a lot of advantages, particularly if you are pressed for time. They can take you to the places you want to see and allow you to do the things you want to do. They are great to go on if you are travelling alone as you will be with like-minded people. You could even meet a life-long friend or partner.
Tours usually include:
- your travel component, i.e. bus/coach that drives you between cities, around cities and towns and the major sights
- your accommodation, which can range from camping to five star accommodation
- most meals, which usually you help to prepare – great for getting to know your fellow travellers
- some entrance fees, these should be advised beforehand. Only some are included because often you have a choice of places you can visit.
- a tour guide to show you around and to help you with any problems that may arise
- plenty of free time to do some individual exploring and shopping.
There are many tour companies out there offering a range of trips you can take. Shop around until you find something that suits you and your budget.
Contiki is a great tour company aimed at 18-39 year olds. They can take you to different areas such as Europe, The Americas and Australia to name a few. They don’t charge a single supplement which is great if you are travelling on your own. I have done a couple of Contiki tours including one around central Europe and another around Scandinavia and highly recommend them.
Don’t forget to take out travel insurance for your travels.
Please note: Live Work Play Travel has joined the Contiki affiliate program. If you book and your trip through us we receive a commission which helps us to keep this site running so we may continue to connect you with relevant information, contacts and products for your travels.