When we travel we don’t want to be lumbered with heavy travel gear and accessories. Well I don’t anyway. What I have discovered to help me pack better and lighter is collapsable travel gear and accessories. They have been a godsend as they let me travel with more items that are compact and easy to carry. And you can use them in a variety of settings including camping, Hostelling, living in a van, take them hiking or on a picnic or even while living wherever home is. Here is my current list of collapsable travel gear and accessories which I expect will become your new best friends too.
Advantages of Collapsable Travel Gear and Accessories
I have discovered a number of advantages of collapsable travel gear and accessories. They include:
- Space Saving – because they collapse to small things they save on space
- Light – most of them are made from light materials like silicone which are non-toxic
- Durable and Strong
- Easy to move and transport because they collapse
- Handy to have as you don’t know what is available at your next stop
- Can be used for both hot and cold food and water
- Easy to clean and safe to handle as they don’t break
- Most are environmentally friendly
- Cleaning them is a breeze, you just wash them like other items
- Reusable, time and time again.
Disadvantages of Collapsable Travel Gear and Accessories
I haven’t really found any yet. But, I am wondering how long some of the items will last, because I am a ‘heavy user’ of my items. Meaning, they get a lot of use. I guess time will only tell.
Collapsable Travel Gear and Accessories
Great after a long day walking.
So there you have it, my list of collapsable travel gear and accessories. All very useful items, don’t you think? Many of them, if not all of them, will be very helpful and useful on your travels. If you are currently using one or more of the items or know of another one I can add to the list please mention them in the comments below.